LANGUAGE.

中文(简体) Português Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 한국어 Русский Español

Monday 17 October 2011

Manchester United travel to Romania; How will they line up? #mufc

Seeing as though it seems like forever since I've been to a United match I thought I'd post some gifs that make me smile.   I couldn't get a Liverpool ticket and I won't be travelling to Romania unfortunately so I haven't seen the pride of all Europe play since the Norwich game.  Oh well, at least I have the derby to look forward to this coming Saturday.

I simply cannot wait for this match,  United will be up for this no doubt but unfortunately we need to win the Romanian away match against Otelul Galati.  Now this in itself doesn't pose a major problem, however we always play under par after a mid-week Champions League away match.  Therefore it seems likely to me that Fergie will try to rest players when we go to Romania.  We do need to win the UEFA match because of a lack of points acquired in the first Two matches.

I am expecting Vidic to get some minutes as he has travelled with the squad but I'm not sure he will start,  I expect to see Anderson as he didn't play against Liverpool and probably Rooney to start (with a view to coming off early).  I am hoping we will play 4-4-2 but 4-3-3 is a distinct possibility. Injuries have their part to play in deciding the lineup, as ever.  Tom Cleverley is still injured, Vidic has just recovered from a calf injury and so has travelled with the squad. Darron Gibson is injured and so is Bebe although I have my doubts as to whether these injuries would have affected Sir Alex's squad selection this time out.

The 23 players travelling to Romania are:


Goal Keepers:             De Gea, Lindegaard, Amos
Defenders:                  Evra, Jones, Evans, Smalling, Vidic, Fabio
Midfielders:                Anderson, Giggs, Park, Carrick, Nani, Young, Fletcher, Valencia
Attackers:                  Owen, Berbatov, Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck, Diouf

In view of this fact we may possibly see a starting lineup similar to this:


man utd lineup prediction 4-4-2 otelul galati away

It's possible that Valencia will start instead of Nani on the right wing leaving Nani or Park available to play on the left.  I am sure if we had won our first Two group games that Nani Young Anderson and Rooney would all have been rested.

However we may elect to play a 4-3-3 system which could end up something like this:

I think if we can wrap this one up early enough then we may see Owen, Berbatov or even Mame Biram Diouf getting a run out.
I am getting excited now, I have just booked 12 places on the coach to the Everton game!  I think it's gonna be a great day out.  Now I'm just wondering if I can afford that Aldershot trip in the meantime!
Loading
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook Comments